National Research Management Committee
The National Research Management Committee (NRMC) oversees the finance and completion of milestones of all research projects approved by the Regional Research Advisory Committees (RRACs).
It also provides strategic direction to the Regional Research Advisory Committees as requested. Currently it comprises five industry, two CSIRO and one government representative.
- Marita Niemelä: Director, Energy (CSIRO)
- Dr Paul Bertsch: Deputy Director-Science, Land and Water (CSIRO)
- Robert Hirst: Health, Safety and Environment, Manager (APLNG)
- Stephanie Stonier: Corporate Affairs Managers (Northern Australia) (Origin)
- Patrick McKelvey: Hydrogeology & Geology Operations Manager (QGC)
- Matthew Sherwell: Manager Policy & Regulatory Affairs (Santos)
- Tim Radburn: Executive Director (Pangaea Resources)
- David Lawrence: General Manager, Onshore Minerals and Energy Branch (Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources) – Government representative
Dr Damian Barrett, GISERA Director (CSIRO), is the NRMC Chair and has no voting rights.
To ensure independence, the number of votes held by Industry Parties must always equal the number of votes held by CSIRO representatives, with the independent representative having a casting vote. This is achieved by each Industry Party representative applying a National Research Management Committee Multiplication Factor to their vote. This is explained on page 46 (schedule 2) of the Alliance agreement.
Click the links below to download the meeting communiqués:
- October 2020 (PDF, 159 KB)
- May 2020 (PDF, 133 KB)
- November 2019 (PDF, 252 KB)
- August 2019 (PDF, 172 KB)
- May 2019 (PDF, 261 KB)
- November 2018 (PDF, 100 KB)
- August 2018 (PDF, 106 KB)
- May 2018 (PDF, 121 KB )
- February 2018 (PDF, 119 KB)
- November 2017 (PDF, 105 KB)
- August 2017 (PDF, 84 KB)
- April 2017 (PDF, 69 KB)
- December 2016 (PDF, 70 KB)
- August 2016 (PDF, 215 KB)
- May 2016 (PDF, 58 KB)
- March 2016 (PDF, 61 KB)